In this blog, we will show you how to mount USB drive into a VM using Hyper-V in Windows 2016.
- Physical USB Drive
- HYPER-V Host (Windows 2016)
USB DRIVE MOUNTING
- Mount your USB drive on HYPER-V physical host machine.
- Open the Hyper-V management console
- Right click on the machine name click on Hyper-V settings
- Enable the Allow enhanced session mode option.
- Also, Enable the Enhanced Session Mode Policy option.
ACCESSING THE USB DRIVE
- Right click on the VM and click on start.
- While booting it prompts the display configuration screen.
- Click on Show Options drop-down list and select Local Resources tab.
- Click on More button under Local drives and resources.
- Expand the Drives list and select the Removal Disk check box and click OK.
- Click on Connect button.
VERIFYING THE USB ACCESS
- Login into the VM and open the My computer. You can able to view the removal storage in the disk drive list.
- Now we can read and write files from the USB drive from the VM.